|Click to enlarge|
Dark Ascension booster pack each containing 15 cards per pack. The distribution is 1 rare, 3 uncommon, and 11 common. Released on February 3rd, 2012, Dark Ascension is the second set in the Innistrad block. The set contains 158 black-bordered cards ( 12 Mythic rare, 38 rare, 44 uncommon, and 64 common).
Dark Ascension is a Magic the gathering expansion set released February 3, 2012. It is the second set of the Innistrad block. The tagline for the set is "Command the Night". It was first revealed at the 2011 Comic-Con in San Diego. The first card of the set was revealed on November 18, 2011 and is named "Faithless Looting".
Just like Eventide, Dark Ascension is a small set that's following up a larger set. Much of the development had a top down approach.
Two new mechanics will debut in Dark Ascension:
- Fateful Hour is a new ability word. Cards with Fateful Hour abilities have an enhanced effect when their controller has 5 or fewer life.
- Undying is a new keyword mechanic that is featured on creature cards. When a creature with Undying dies, if it had no +1/+1 counters on it, it returns to the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it.
The following mechanics return from the preceding Innistrad set:
- Curse - Curse is an Aura subtype that enchants a player.
- Flashback - Cards with Flashback can be played from the graveyard for their Flashback cost. When they leave the stack, they are exiled instead of being put anywhere else.
- Morbid - Cards with the morbid ability word gain an additional effect during a turn in which a creature died.
- Double-faced Cards - Double-faced cards have a second card face instead of a card back and can "transform" to their alternative side under certain conditions. In Innistrad, the mechanic was featured almost exclusively on creature cards, however, in Dark Ascension the ability can be found on a wider range of card types.